So, I drive a lot and have to find ways to entertain myself in the process. I listen to books and podcasts, tune into NPR, and sometimes, just to feel my jaw drop, to AFR. I’ve learning a lot about being a Christian from this station, and I’m going to list some of those things.
- Christians should have intense patriotism, especially (well, I guess, only) American Christians. After all, America is God’s country (Israel comes in at number 2)
- If you are a Christian, you must be a Republican. It’s possible that there may be Christian Democrats, but they are deluded.
- The most important issues in terms of presidential elections are abortion and gay rights. Any politician advocating either of these is anathema.
- Any president or presidential candidate who focuses on healthcare for all, housing for the poor and homeless, improving race relations, and gun control is obviously a communist and should be preached against.
- Gun ownership and the right to use such weapons is godly. Anyone who mentions gun control is anti-Christian.
- The WORST sin in the world is to be gay.
- Women who find themselves pregnant and who are single, poor, or sick should suck it up and have the baby at all costs. AFTER they have the baby, they should not be entitled to any form of welfare (welfare is bad).
- Right-to-life, or “pro-life” only pertains to babies. A convicted criminal should forfeit his/her life.
- America was formed as a Christian country. All the founding fathers were godly, Christian men. The original laws were all Christian and should stay that way.
- It is very important that you invest your wealth in “good” companies. Your stocks etc… should never be invested in companies that are involved in “bad” things.
- God wants us to grow our wealth and be careful with our portfolios.
- The only good translation of the bible is the King James Version (we all understand Shakespearean English, right?)
- There are only two genders: male and female. Christians must not even ponder the idea of XXY, and XXX persons, intersexed persons, girls with XY genes or boys with XX ones. All that is sin. Also in the sin department are those whose physical bodies don’t match their mental states (transgenders). Such people are pedophiles and are only angling to get into bathrooms to ogle children. And gay and lesbian people? Well, they are the sinniest of sinners and need to be cured.
- Men are to be the breadwinners and caretakers of the family. Women should stay at home and bring up the children. Any other order (e.g. stay-at-home fathers) will result in your family not being blessed by God.
- The press is liberal, universities are liberal, and society persecutes the Christians.
I’m sure there’s a lot more, but that will do for now. One thing that pervades the station is the idea that religious freedom should apply to Christians but not to others. No, I’ve never heard anyone come out and say it like that, but many of them rail against Muslims (who are violent and determined to destroy Christianity, btw) being “allowed” to do things just like them. In other words, what’s good for the goose is not good for the gander.
So, if you have low blood pressure and need to get it spiked up a bit, I recommend SHORT bursts of listening to this station. I promise, you will be amazed at the things you’ll hear.